Wednesday, February 18, 2009

title

This is Matthew and I wishing you a lovely Valentines Week...a little late! We had a great time visiting Louisville and Lexington. We really liked the Seminary a whole lot. And we really liked hanging out with the family!

This is my first finished quilt. Matthew is my quilt-lover-helper husband and helped me put the squares it the right spots. He secretly loves quilting (only because it requires a lot of math!!) I quilted around all the yellow squares in the sashing and it is poofy and cute.




















Up close it looks like this:
If only I had realized how to make the binding not cut off half of the sashing on all the edge pieces ...... oh well, I know next time! The yellow fabric is from the cutest little quilt shop in Louisville on Old 3rd. The Red geometric is from a shop in Murray. The polka dots are from Hobby Lobby. The brown dots are from JoAnn's. The batting is low loft poly batting and I don't like it. The backing is plain white backing fabric. AAAAnddd the thread is Mercerized Cotton, which I have no idea what that means except I know it is a bit studier than regular thread blends and I don't like to use it for everything.


I went to the NEW Kroger in Owensboro tonight to pick up some cereal for my beloved husband. I always forget about breakfast because I get to eat free at the hospital so I had to make a trip to Kroger to pick up a few things. Cheerios were $1.67 and the Smart Start was $2.67 and one has a mail in rebate!! I'd say that's a good shopping experience. AND KROGER WAS BEAUTIFUL. If we had a lot of money, I would buy from the natural, organic aisle because they are so pretty and healthy.


This picture sums up the highlight of our weekend. While we were eating at Wines on Vine, Jaime noticed a ceramic lamb purse sitting on the table behind us. The lady really had lipstick and other things in this purse! It was amazing. Jaime walked past her while leaving the restroom and got to see it in action. She reported back that it was just as funny up close.
This is mom's attempt to get a good picture of the purse. I think it worked. You can tell I don't use fancy smancy picture editing programs. Paint is the easiest thing for me...and I think it's the only thing on our computer. Maybe someday I'll use something else but probably not.
Here is a picture of all the Lynn West Women.

Taco Soup:YUMMY!!!! That's what we ate for dinner tonight. It sat for 4 hours in the crock pot while we were at church, then I let it simmer in the stock pot until Matthew got home. Here is the recipe:
2 cans diced tomatoes
2 cans of diced tomatoes with green chilis
1 packet dry Ranch Dressing
1 packet of taco seasoning (or some Wildtree taco seasoning that Jenn sells)
2 cans black beans
1 can yellow corn
3 cooked and pulled chicken breasts

Put all ingredients in crock pot, cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours. Or put it all in a stock pot for an hour. Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, and chips. And water.

1 comment:

  1. I like Smart Start Healthy Heart!

    Fun hanging out with you guys.

    -Anth

    ReplyDelete